the honest thoughts of a normal girl, trying to live her life in a way pleasing a perfect God.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

An Epiphany

Tonight, I had an epiphany.
It is this:
 I have known for quite some time that I am not a flirt, and I know I never will be. I am totally fine with that, and am actually glad of it.
The epiphany is that it bothers me when other people flirt in front of me. It is awkward and weird. And for someone like me, who doesn't flirt(ever), it just looks really stupid.
The other part of the epiphany is that I am surrounded by people who thrive on flirting.
The next part of the epiphany is that the reason I feel left out(when I do feel left out, which doesn't happen very often) is that everyone around me are being quite friendly with each other, but I continue to act the same way I always do.
This happened tonight, which is the cause of the epiphany. So, I am now in my room trying to get over my foul, emotional, lonely type mood. These are the nights that I remember how single I am. Sigh.

On a side note... I also realized that when guys do try to flirt with me, I don't really know how to react. It is so foreign to me that three fourth of the time I'm totally oblivious, and the other fourth I just pretend I dint notice. Thus the reason any guy really interested in me will have to try REALLY hard to get my real attention haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment