the honest thoughts of a normal girl, trying to live her life in a way pleasing a perfect God.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Be Your True Self... All The Time

In my opinion, part of being a believer is not contradicting yourself. What I mean by this is not saying one thing and doing another. As most people know, using foul language has become commonplace in our society, especially in the high school and college aged people. One thing I believe strongly in is that as a Christian, people should notice a difference in the things we say and do. If we look and sound just like everyone else, then how are people to distinguish the difference?

There are a couple certain individual here at the Woods that made me notice this in the past couple days. Both of these people use awful language and say things that aren't exactly uplifting. What bothers me though is that both of these people attend the same church that I have been going to on and off.

So why do they do this? This is something I struggle with... being around people who act one way with some people, then turn around and clean up their mouths enough to get through a church service.

Seeing this in others has made me want to be constant, to be myself with whoever I am with. I know it doesn't happen all of the time, but this is something I am going to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment