the honest thoughts of a normal girl, trying to live her life in a way pleasing a perfect God.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Swearing in Class?

So, as many people know, I took classes part time at LP for a year. Never in my time there, did I encounter a teacher using profane language in the class room. You could tell they thought about it sometimes when people were being really stupid, but for the most part it was kept at a very G-rated level, with nothing more than stupid or dumb. Here, it would seem the teachers are ok with using swear words while they are lecturing. I would say on the bad words spectrum these would be at the "least bad" end, but they are still swear words altogether. I asked one of my friends about this today, and she said she encountered the same thing in her classes. Now I am pondering the reason why... Because they feel we are adults and can now handle it? Because its the way everyone here talks and expresses their feelings? They want to seem young and hip and fit in with their students? I personally think the teachers should be better than that, and that they should set the example for those who do have dirty mouths that need to be cleaned. Instead of doing that though, they are pretty much reinforcing the bad habit many people already have. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I've had instructors do this as well but nothing real bad. It's par for the course actually cause in the world we live some people cuss and others don't. If you are hearing real bad language it may be worth addressing. Otherwise, it happens. You should ask dad about the workplace.. uh huh.

    ReplyDelete