the honest thoughts of a normal girl, trying to live her life in a way pleasing a perfect God.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Greek Life

So, for the past four days Greek recruitment has been going on, and I have participated. I was very excited about it until the third day, when I actually sat down and asked myself why I was so excited, and why this was suddenly so important to me. Once I did sit down and evaluate what was going on in my head, I realized I wasn't sure what it was that was so appealing, or why it was all of a sudden something I felt I must do. Greek life on this campus is so much different than anything else Ive ever seen or heard of about living in a sorority, that I felt it would be ok, and kept justifying my decision to join a sorority in my head, though I still didn't have my reasons down on paper. One of the major differences here is that William Woods actually owns the houses that the sororities and fraternities are in, so they are able to set some ground rules to keep things from getting crazy. After a ton of prayer, and talking to my parents, some friends from here who have an outsiders perspective on it, and friends from home, I was able to come to a decision which I actually had some peace about. This decision was to stay in the dorms for a semester at least, so that I can get the experience of dorm life. I also wanted to do this because the recruitment process was so dang short. Normally, they are much longer so that students can get a better feel of which houses they like the best. I felt like I was being given a sales pitch every time i I talked to someone from one of the houses. So, I will spend some time with the people in the houses see if I feel like I'm missing out on something great, and if so, maybe go through winter rush again.

No comments:

Post a Comment